Curative Care Blogs
February 23, 2022
Occupational Therapy Can Help Children with ADHD
ADHD in Children
ADHD is a brain-based disorder that impacts a child’s everyday activities at home and at school. There are three different types of ADHD: inattentive presentation (previously called ADD), hyperactive- impulsive presentation, and combined presentation.
Many children with ADHD struggle with:
- Impulsive behaviors
- Sensory processing challenges
- Following routines
- Completing self-help skills
- Organizational skills.
Occupational therapy can assist with learning coping skills that can assist with:
- Decreasing impulsivity
- Improving sensory processing
- Learning self-help skills
- Improving overall coordination
- Improving handwriting
- Improving organizational skills
Katy R, OTR
Katy is an Occupational Therapist at Curative New Berlin Therapies.
Share our blog