The Curative Care Senior Center offers a warm, friendly environment for older adults with memory loss, dementia and/or health concerns who want a community-based program to help them remain active. Our proven program offers peace of mind and daytime respite for caregivers.
Helping seniors remain active and social
Health and wellness services available
- Supervision and/or administration of medication, including insulin.
- Healthy meals are provided at no extra charge and include breakfast, a catered lunch and afternoon snack. View the USDA Nondiscrimination Statement.
- Administration of special diets as required.
- Daily supervised exercise.
- Routine blood pressure and weight checks.
- Secure environment with safety features that include alarmed doors.
Support for family caregivers
- Whirlpool bathing services for clients with assistance of trained staff are offered.
- Podiatry services available for clients at the Center every few months.
- Beautician services available for clients at the Center every few months.
- Monthly Caregiver Groups are offered in partnership with Carroll University.
Programming focuses on mental fitness, social engagement, physical activity and creativity, which support health and well-being. Activities include games, art therapy, intergenerational events, entertainment, music therapy, animal-assisted activities and community outings.
Interactive programming is customized based on hobbies, individual interests and special needs, including dementia care. A client-centered Care Plan is developed for each older adult based on their goals and interests.
Memories in the Making®
In partnership with the Alzheimer's Association Southeastern Wisconsin, the Memories in the Making® program offers an outlet for creative expression through art for individuals with Alzheimer's Disease or other memory loss. The sessions are led by a specially trained facilitator. Clients are able to paint with their peers, which increases their ability to express themselves, encourage socialization and help with mental alertness.
Carroll University partnership
Physical and occupational therapy students from Carroll University visit the Curative Care Senior Center during the fall, spring and summer semesters. Physical therapy students provide "adult play" experiences, which include fitness activities at the local YMCA and bowling outings. Occupational therapy students work with our clients on creative, memory-boosting and exercise activities.
Our talented staff
Staff members – including a Licensed Practical Nurse, Certified Nursing Assistants, Program Coordinator and Program Specialists – receive ongoing training in dementia care and strive to provide clients with opportunities for meaningful interaction and involvement in life activities.
We offer proven, high quality programs
The State of Wisconsin recognizes the Curative Care Senior Center as a certified senior adult day care facility.
Curative Care is committed to providing high quality, person-centered care and services. Our program outcomes are reviewed monthly to develop focused actions for continuous performance improvement.
Curative’s program clients and their families work with our staff to assess what is important to the client. The team also establishes individual goals and staff-supported achievement plans.
Senior Services measures its outcomes primarily according to clients’ individual goal achievement in the following categories:
- People have the best possible physical mobility.
- People have the best possible health and well-being.
- People have the best possible social interactions.
Individual goals are evaluated and updated by clients, their families and our staff every six months. Curative measures achievement of individual goals and asks for input from our clients and stakeholders to ensure the program is of value to persons served.
View Our Outcomes Information
Hours and location
The Curative Care Senior Center is open Monday through Friday from 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. for the convenience of family caregivers.
Curative - Waukesha
149 Wisconsin Avenue
Waukesha, WI 53186